The Kanata-Hazeldean Lions Club is pleased to announce that the Lion Dick Brûlé Community Centre is now available for rental.
Until further notice, we are open under Step 3 of the Province of Ontario Reopening Plan and hence subject to the specific guidelines of Ottawa Public Health and the Province of Ontario. Following the physical distancing requirements of the City of Ottawa (1 person per 70 square feet), occupancy of the Hall is restricted to 16 (sixteen) persons.
Please be advised that the recent Province of Ontario policy coming into effect on September 22nd requires that anyone over the age of 12 entering the Lion Dick Brûlé Community Centre will need to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days). Unless they have proof of a valid exemption, persons without proof of vaccination will not be permitted to enter the building. At this time, there will be no additional requirements for entry for persons with a valid exemption.
It will be the responsibility of the renter to verify the vaccination status and identity of all who enter the facility. Currently all renters are required to fill in an Attendee Log to record the name, phone number and screening results for all people who enter facility during the rental period. This log has been modified to allow the renter to indicate that they have verified the vaccination status of every person entering the facility.
It is anticipated that additional fine-tuning of the Government of Ontario requirements will help establish exactly what is considered valid proof of vaccination and proof of exemption. For the time being, an electronic or paper copy of the vaccination certificate provided by the Province of Ontario will be sufficient. A letter from a physician would be sufficient to establish a medical exemption.
New to the Hall? Check out the space here.
To book the Hall:
- Check for availability of the Hall in the Calendar.
- Read the Rental Guide and download the Rental Application Form.
- e-mail an inquiry or your application to email@example.com
- Dick Brûle Community Centre Rental Guide
- Special Covid Instructions for Renters
- Rental Application and Contract form
- KHLC Specific Terms and Conditions (online) (downloadable pdf)
- City of Ottawa General Terms and Conditions
- City of Ottawa Planning Guide and Municipal Alcohol Policy