A copy of these instructions will be placed at the entry to the Hall for your signature at the time of rental.
During this Covid-19 crisis, occupancy of the Lion Dick Brûlé Community Centre is restricted to a maximum of 10 (ten) persons. Until City of Ottawa guidelines are adjusted, you cannot exceed that amount.
To protect your health and the health of your guests, follow the Covid-19 guidelines recommended by the City of Ottawa listed below. A copy of these guidelines will be provided to you upon entry to the Centre.
- Everyone entering the Centre must do a self-assessment using Ottawa Public Health assessment criteria. Anyone answering yes to any of the questions is not to enter but return home to self-isolate.
- An “Attendee Log” will also be provided to you upon entry to the Centre. Use the Attendee Log to record the name, phone number and screening results for all people who entered the Centre during your rental period. This log will be kept by the Kanata-Hazeldean Lions Club for one month for the purpose of tracing in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Masks must be worn in the Centre at all times (except when eating or drinking). Ensure that you have a sufficient supply of disposable masks to accommodate all of your guests.
- Any activity that is likely to result in individuals coming within 2 metres of others in the rental space is not permitted unless it is in conformance with one or more of the physical distancing exceptions under Province of Ontario regulations and is consistent with Ottawa Public Health guidance.
- Use the hand sanitizers upon entry to and exit from the Centre. Follow hand washing recommendations as posted in the washrooms.
- At the end of your rental, clean all tables and chairs with the cleaning product provided. Leave all chairs and tables out in the Centre where staff will disinfect them before putting them away.
- Unless specific permission has been granted, do not use any dishes or utensils in the Kitchen. The fridge may be used to store perishables. Coffee makers and tea kettles may be used – remove coffee grounds and rinse when finished. If dishes or utensils have been used, wash them in the sink and leave them in the grey trays provided. Do not put them away. They will be sanitized by staff.
- Food being served at your event must be prepackaged or pre-portioned and wrapped for distribution at your event. It is not permitted to have several people serving themselves from a common food source, e.g., pot-luck casseroles, birthday cakes, ice cream. As an alternative, it is acceptable to have one person, properly gloved and masked, serve from a common source.
- Place all garbage in the garbage pails and ensure that the floor is clean when you leave. Lions cleaning staff will sweep and wash the floor at the end of the rental period.
- Where disposable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is being used, e.g. disposable masks, gloves, etc., remind your guests to place these in the garbage cans provided as they exit or to keep the PPE until they have an opportunity to properly dispose of the items.
- All renters must show proof of insurance.
I agree with the above terms and conditions and acknowledge that I am responsible for ensuring compliance with COVID-19 specific measures and shall make a copy of these terms and conditions available for inspection by users if requested.
The hardcopy document will have a place for your signature at the bottom:
I have read, understood and agree to all the Instructions listed above.
NOTE: Information collected on this form is for contact tracing purposes only and will only be used by the Ottawa Public Health (OPH) Department in the event of an outbreak.